Thursday, April 10, 2008

April 8 Letter--Hello!

Hello all!

Another week has come and gone... I am here in Xinzhu with my short term. And it
is has been a very trying move-call. I am learning a lot and learning things I
never thought I would learn on my mission. And dealing with things I never
imagined possible. It is a very humbling experience. I am thankful for the
opportunity and am hoping this move-call will be the only one of its kind =).

Today is a tender mercy. The sister from Zhubei came down and is spending the
day with me. She is having some struggles with her duan chuan too so right now
she is companionless as well. So we are teaming up together. I am not sure what
this move-call is going to encompass. It should be fun and full of new and
different things. I just have to keep working hard and it will work out.

We haven't had the chance to watch conference yet. We will go to the stake
center this weekend and watch it. I am so excited to see it. It should be so
good. I think it will give just the spiritual boost I need and more! I am so
excited to hear President Monson's talks and everyone else's. Belinda sent me
the talk her brother gave about President Monson and it was kind of cool to read
it and learn more about President Monson. I feel like I have been out of the
loop her in Taiwan because it is all in Chinese and a lot of that kind of stuff
never gets passed onto the missionaries. They feel like of course the
missionaries know- they're like missionaries.

Well, I love you all. I pray for you all daily and can feel the power of your
prayers... speaking of power of prayers. We have an investigator who is from the
Phillipines. She has read the Book of Mormon through and has been waiting and
waiting to go to church so she can get baptized. Well, this Sunday after much
fasting and prayer she came to church for the first time. It was an amazing
experience. The Spirit was so strong and this is a memory I will never forgot.
Heavenly Father provides away- even if you are a Phillipina factory in Taiwan
who signed a contract to work every single day of the year. I still have no idea
how she got the day off. Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways.

I love this Gospel. I know the power of the Holy Ghost is real. I know it can
comfort us when we feel lost and alone. Because indeed we are not alone- the
Lord is right there beside us. Turn to Him!

Sister Shaver

No comments: