Monday, May 14, 2007

Letter from MTC 5/14

Ni hao! Wo de jia ting! Hello my family!

Don't worry, I am not breaking any rules. The MTC is going to let us try and see
if we can handle e-mail! Isn't that so exciting? It is! I, honestly, can say I
feel like a kid on Christmas right now. I get to e-mail! We only have half an
hour to e-mail though. So I am going to have to work on increasing my words per
minute I can type. Woot wo!

So let's see... I think the mail is slow so my letters are one behind
everyone's. I haven't heard from anyone since they heard from me. And I've
written everyone at least twice... so who knows? Oh yeah, I am supposed to tell
you that just because I have e-mail doesn't mean you get off of the hook of
writing. I really really love getting letters. And I have only got them from
family, so keep writing.

My time in the MTC has been awesome some far. The Spirit is so ridiculously
strong. It works in so many different ways- through bearing witness of truth,
comforting, giving a sense of peace, prompting what to say, and most importantly
to me the GIFT of TONGUES. I can really feel the gift of tongues working. I am
so glad that I had the little Chinese foundation I did because it seriously
helps! I did my door approach in Chinese for the first time yesterday and did
it from memory. It was amazing. I bore my testimony in Chinese during it and
felt the Spirit so strong. I didn't feel like I was searching for words... I
just opened my mouth and out came the words. I know it was not me speaking and
that was awesome. I am Heavenly Father's mouthpiece. I just get to make funny
noises.


I love you all and look forward to hearing from you... both in e-mail (woot wo)
and letters! Be good. Remember who you are. I am praying and working hard for
each of you... I am serving like it says in Doctrine and Covenants so my family
can live- SO LIVE!

With much love and appreciation!

Shao Jiemei (Sister Shaver)!

p.s. It is really weird to get used to a new last name. I kinda miss Shaver. I
understand why it took Laura so long to change hers...

Well, my five minute warning went... Love!

No comments: