Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Anna is Safe

Hello family!

I got an e-mail from Kate asking if I was safe- I am safe.

It was pretty crazy. All of Taiwan had the day off except for the missionaries. We still went out proselyting- and it was probably one of our most successful days. We went tracting and everyone let us in because there was a typhoon and it wasn't safe to be outside. So we taught a lot of families- we will just have to see how they respond now that there isn't really still a typhoon. (Sidenote: Mom, don't read this... I have been in Taiwan two months and have had two typhoons and one earthquake! I've got pretty good odds.)

The work is going well. Having a native companion is hard work- my Chinese isn't so great and I miss speaking English. S Kang is very intense too- it has gotten to the point were she wants to pick my clothes in the morning and I have to wear my hair a certain way because more people ask her about me when it is that way. I am kinda struggling a little bit with that, but Pres Hoer taught me a very important principle. He said 99 percent of personal conflict is due to violated personal expectations. And that we have two ways to respond- one is to change the persons behavior or two is to change/ clarify our expectations. It has helped a lot to think of it that way. And any time I am feeling frustrated I ask myself "what personal expectation is being violated and realize that most of the time it is a personal wenti and I need to change. I am finding that I have been humbled a lot on my mission. If I learn nothing else on my mission- it will be so worth it because humility does amazing things- I have learned so much!

Well, I am loving the work. We have a baptism this weekend and then a baptism of five next weekend! It is pretty exciting.

Well, I have to get going, but I love you all! I am missing you all and love the chances I have to hear from you. Thanks for being so good about writing!

Wo ai nimen!
Shao Jiemei.

No comments: