Monday, June 18, 2007

June 18 Letter-Woot Wo!

So last week, I got to brag all about Elder Eyring. This week it was Elder
Uchtdorf and next week seems to be President Hinckley. All the new mission
presidents are coming and will be at devotional on Tuesday. We don't know for
100% but President Hinckley has never not spoken at this devotional before.
Sounds pretty sweet, eh?

I am getting so excited- we have a month from yesterday left! I am getting so
excited to be able to be speaking the language. There are a couple of native
missionaries here and I have been able to speak more and more with them. It is
probably the best practice.

This week I had a "oh yeah, I never had thought of that before" moment. ((So
here is a joke Richard G Scott said. There are two cats- one fat one and one
skinny. The skinny one was sitting in front of the mouse hole waiting for the
mice. They(mice) would run up to the hole and see the cat and run away. So along
came the fat cat. He told the skinny cat to come with him. They went and sat
besides the hole. The fat cat went ruff ruff. And out ran the mice thinking a
dog had scared away the cats. The fat cat picked one up and said isn't it great
to be bilingual?)) Guess what? I am almost bilingual! Pretty sweet, eh?

Well, I don't really have much to tell this week. I had my first dry week in the
MTC. Not one letter this week. It was a rather interesting experience. It was
good though because I still knew everything and everyone was ok.

What is the latest on the house? Are we going to have a home one day? Liz and
Josh are you making room for mom and dad?

Well, glad everything is going well. There are seven new Sisters in our zone. It
is awesome. It is nice to have other sisters to talk and just to spend a little
bit of time with. My companion is rather interesting... so it is nice to talk to
more sisters. They are nice and seem to be adjusting well.

Hmm... the picture by the statue? I think I look funny in that one. I can send a
better one or is it ok. Meg, do I look funny? I know you'd be honest.

I love you all! I know the church is true. I know that Jesus is our Redeemer. I
know that he suffered all for us. I know that he knows all of our thought and
feelings. I know that because of His atonement we can receive joy! And we can be
together as a family forever! I know that only through the Atonement can we
repent and receive forgiveness! We can become clean from sin as we rely on the
arm of the Lord. I am so thankful for this and the gift we have to repent each
and everyday because I know that everyone makes mistakes- especially me! And I
am so excited to be able to share this message with others. And am even more
excited to share it in CHINESE! I LOVE CHINESE! I have learned that I cannot
learn Chinese alone without the help of the Lord. When I got to the MTC, the
first three days I was feeling way good because I knew everything. But then it
dawned on me the fourth day that everything that had taken me a whole semester
in college to learn, everyone here learned in three days. I know the Lord is
there and wants to help us- we just need to ask for help! PRAY! PRAY ALWAYS!

I didn't have time to proof read this- so ignore any of my mistakes and
especially any Chinese grammar I used in English.

Meg, you should take Chinese at BYU Idaho! I could be your tutor!

Forward this on to everyone!

I love you all! And pray for you!

Shao Jiemei! Sister Shaver

No comments: