Monday, June 4, 2007

June 4th Letter-"Talking Like a Chinese Person"

I have started to talk like a Chinese person. Yesterday I bore my testimony
first in Chinese and then in English. I said I know we can all receiver prayer
type answers... Yes, I used the word type. I think I should probably stick to
Chinese!

Our older district left today for the field. It is crazy how sad it was. We sang
God Be With You Till We Meet Again and Called to Serve in Chinese. It was
seriously awesome! I loved it. But what is really crazy is that now we have the
same amount of time they had when we came into the MTC. I can hardly believe the
time has gone by this fast. I only have 17 more months left! I HAVE to make the
MOST of EVERY MINUTE- especially since it is the Lord's time!

In case anyone was wondering, Elder Anderson (An Zhanglao) is doing great. I got
a letter from him this week. He is loving the mission and hasn't been hit by a
car yet. Mom don't read this- on average missionaries in Taiwan are hit three
times by a car in their mission time. The week before we leave we have to be
trained in biking in Taiwan. Sweet, huh? I am so excited!

Well, I am so thankful I have this opportunity to be a missionary sitting here
writing home to my family. I can't deny that this is where I am supposed to be.
Without a doubt I know I have been called of God to serve a mission. I know I am
going to be the mouthpiece of the Lord in spreading the Gospel to the Taiwanese
people. I am fulfilling scripture. I know I have been blessed with the gift of
tongues. And I know it is not for my purpose, but for the Lord's. I have learned
so much and can feel the Spirit so strongly through our (my zones) simple
Chinese testimonies. I know that the power of a testimony lies in the Spirit and
the conviction of those bearing the testimony and not in the words. I may only
be able to say...

Wo zhi dao Simi Yuese shi Shen de xian zhi. I know Jospeh Smith is a prophet of
God.

Wo zhi dao Simi Yuese yao zhi dao nayige jiao hui shi zhenshi de. I know Joseph
Smith wanted to know which church was true.

Wo zhi dao Simi Yuese zuo qi dao lai zhi dao. I know Joseph Smith used prayer in
order to know which was true.

Wo zhi dao Shen he YeSuJiDu he Shen dui Simi Yuese xian xian. I know God and
Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith.

Wo zhi dao Shen tougou Simi Yuese fuxingle Ta de Fuyin. I know God through
Joseph Smith restored his Gospel.

Wo zhi dao zhege jiao hui shi zhenshi de! I know this church is true!

But I do know without a doubt these things are true. And I know that the
blessings we can receive because of the Gospel are beyond imaginable! I am so
thankful for this testimony.

I love everyone! I am so happy for all of you. And know that I pray for you
nightly. (That is one of the few things I know how to pray for in Chinese!)

Wo ai ni!
Shao Jiemei!

No comments: