Monday, July 9, 2007

July 9--Letter Flight Plans

I've got them in my hand and am reading them... HA HA!

Suoyi, Tuesday, July 17, We leave the SLC airport at 1:55pm. We arrive in LA at
2:54 pm. And then we leave the LA at 5:30pm and get to Taipei at 9:55 pm the
next day! I am so excited. But we get to call home from the airport either
before our flight in SLC or the one LA. So have phones turned on and ready. I am
excited to bear my testimony in Chinese. What number should I call? I will check
this next Monday, so maybe have a plan for me then. I can't really think too
much about it. I am so busy and trying to learn the most chinese I can.

So I had two awesome experiences this week! The first one is... We go to a place
called the TRC and teach there once a week in our mission language. Our teacher
always tells us to be serious about it because sometimes there really are
investigators there. This week we went and began teaching the second lesson in
Chinese. We have never had an investigator before so the thought really wasn't
something I was even thinking about. Well, my companion started to talk and I
got a firm prompting to stop and just simply talk about Joseph Smith. So I
whispered to my companion and we rewound a little bit. We testify and shared
scriptures. Our Chinese was probably the best it has ever been. Well, our
"investigator" had teared up while we were teaching which was nothing new. Well,
when we finished, she told me I want to give you my number and address in
Taiwan. I will be back there at the end of this semester. I was so excited to
have contact with a member there and to get referrals from her, but not really
thinking too much about it. And then she told me, I want you to send the
missionaries to me. I want to hear about the church! SHE WAS A REAL INVESTIGATOR
AND I HAVE MY FIRST REAL CONTACT! She lives within my mission boundaries, but I
don't know if I will serve in her ward right away or not. So whether it is me or
someone else who gets to teach her, I don't know- And I don't care as long as
she has a chance to hear the Gospel and come unto Christ. It got me excited for
the mission field. Only a week away!

Then my second experience was... yesterday in sacrament meeting I was choosen to
give my talk! I talked in Chinese for like 9 minutes and gave a real lesson. IT
WAS AWESOME!My talk was on testifying frequently! So that was awesome because I
got to start off by inviting the Spirit more strongly by testifying. Cool, huh?

Well, this week has been a good week. We got to clean the Provo Temple today. We
cleaned for 3 1/2 hours and those little old ladies had us working so hard! It
was a neat experience though. We got to go into rooms that I didn't even know
existed in the temple! Guess what room they had me and my companion clean
first...the bride's room. I thought that was rather entertaining. The lady told
us we could stand in front of the mirror with our tags on and pretend we were in
wedding dresses. Don't worry my companion and I didn't do that... we thought it
was a little bit different.

Dad, Liz said she was sending me my watch, so it should come. I I have gone
through three watches and if this one breaks- I give up! The lady at the
bookstore where I bought my last two and took it to see if they could fix it
said that a good watch was a good investment... I just giggled and said oh no
thanks to buying a new one.

Well, we have to get back to studying and packing. We are supposed to be pretty
much all packed up tomorrow. Laura and Eric I am send a package to your house.
It just has some random things in it I want to keep, but don't need in Taiwan.
Is that ok? It is just cheaper to send it there and one less thing for mom and
dad to have to deal with. It isn't too big!

I love you all! Much much love! And figure out some way so I can talk to the all
of you on Tuesday! I am rather excited. Pres Boone said call all family, but no
friends... So I am glad to be able to have permission to talk to all of you and
not just some. Send me telephone numbers or whatever! MU HAHA!

Wo ai ni! Wu er ling!
Shao Jiemei! (wo de mingzi shi Yi Ming--- My first name is Yi Ming--- it means
quick to know and quick to go! and something else. Cool, eh?)

p.s. I had my exit interview yesterday... My branch president wants to know who
gave me my obedient spirit, boldness with much love, and my knowledge... mom?
dad? which one? Wo xiang dou keyi! I think both!

No comments: