Monday, November 26, 2007

November 26 Letter--New Place. New Companion.

Hello family!

Well, I am really excited and nervous right now. I am in the city. Right by the
mission home for Christmas. We cover two areas Beitun and Tanzi ---there is a
shortage of sisters right now. My companion is really nice and seems like it
should be interesting. She is a big hunter and outdoors person. She was telling
me all about her hunter's safety class she took. She is from Monroe, Utah. Her
name is Sister Moore. I am pretty excited to see how this move call goes. I was
really praying for a companion that was going to push me or could handle my
pushing. I guess I am an intense companion. Who would've guessed that a Shaver
was intense... and had no patience. Sister Moore doesn't seem to be either of
the two so it should be a huge growing experience for me. She has struggled with
wanting to work and other things, but I think this will give us an opportunity
to soar together. I think it will give me an opportunity to love her into
wanting to work and will help me develop more charity.

I have learned that change is essential and so hard.
Satan wants us to think that we cannot change and that it is too hard. I am so
thankful for the Atonement. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father and Jesus
Christ know our weaknesses and are there ready waiting to help us overcome them.
I have only begun to learn the importance of the Atonement and applying it in
our lives. I am so excited for the changes I am making... I know I have much
more to go, but I love it. It was hard for me at first and I was a little too
prideful to hear that I needed to change this and this and this, but I am so
appreciative now. It makes life so much better. As I see the change in me I see
the change in my investigators and new members. I cried when I left Zhubei. I
have nine new members there and four investigators a week away from baptism. It
was so heart wrenching to me, but made me realize the importance of coming here
to the city and loving the people here! I know that this is where I am supposed
to be.

I am thankful I have been so blessed to see the Lord's hand so abundantly in my
life and especially the last little while. I have learned so much in the last
six months and pray I will continue to learn as much in the coming while. Time
is going too fast and makes me sick.

Well, I love you all and am so thankful for all of your examples. Thank you for
all of your support. I pray for you nightly and work hard for you daily.

I know the church is true. I know the Atonement is real. I know we can apply it
to our lives and become better everyday... don't settle for good or even
better--- reach for the best. I know no Shaver, Iverson, Sookhoo, Horne, Young,
etc would settle. So reach!

Wo zhende feichang ai nimen!
I really really love you all!

Sister Shaver

No comments: