Wednesday, December 19, 2007

December 18th Letter

Hello all!

Mom guessed squid ink... I am impressed. I didn't think anyone would guess that.
Gong xi gong xi!

Today is a weird day. It is a regular working day today, not a preparation day,
but we are doing our e-mail today because tomorrow is the mission Christmas
activity. All they have told us is to bring our athletic clothes. So we will see
what they have in mind for us. Should be lots of fun. It has been hot hot hot
here, so not really feeling like a "White" Christmas- I miss the snow. So anyone
that has snow enjoy it for me.

Let's see... not a whole lot happened this week. Mainly a quiet week. We have a
few "wild" investigators right now, so that is making for some entertaining
lessons. They are keeping us on our toes. Two of them have their baptismal
interviews this week, so that is so good! Maybe they will calm down a it. They
both have huge testimonies, but are just a little high energy.

We went to a elementary school track meet the other day at lunch. It was really
fun to watch them. They were doing relays. We saw a lot of little kids fall down
handing off the baton and what not. They are pretty cute littles boogers. Guess
what else they had there? They had corn dogs and cotton candy! It was so good.
It was one of the better lunches in awhile.

Although yesterdays might be the best yet. We had baked potatoes with cheese (no
one ever has cheese here), bacon, and brocoli. They were pretty good- I actually
got two they were so good.

We had a good week at churcht this week. One of the families from my English
class came to church. So that was exciting. I had invited them last Wednesday,
but that hadn't commited so I kinda didn't think much of it. So to see them walk
into church was an amazing feeling. I ended up going to Primary with the kids so
the mom could go to Relief Society. It was fun to be in primary again. It has
been a long time, so I kinda forgot what it was like. Rain and Jessie thought it
was fun and made their mom promise she would bring them back next week. So I
would be so excited to see them get baptized!

Well, time to get back out to work. I know this church is true. I am thankful
for this opportunity I have to be a missionary and to be able to share this
wonderful message with the people of Taiwan.

Wo ai nimen!
I love you!

Sister Shaver

p.s. you all are going to be hearing my voice before you know it- bright and
early even. What better way for me to "annoy" you all. Hopefully the little
girls will go back to bed for awhile before they make you open all their
presents.

No comments: