Tuesday, February 12, 2008

February 12 Letter--Cold, cold, and yet warm!

Hello family!

It is so cold here in Nantou right now... I have gotten really good at the
layering of clothing... thermals, socks and nylons on top. I am sure it looks
pretty sweet. But I am warm on the outside and inside. It really has been
interesting to be so so cold and yet be so warm inside. Let me explain... we
have been blessed to see so many miracles here in Nantou. The Lord has prepared
more souls this last move call then in the last year to come unto Him through
the waters of baptism. It has been amazing to see the diligence, obedience and
worthiness of missionaries before who prepared this area to now see the fruits
of the labor. We have two amazing kids who are getting baptized this coming
Saturday. How amazing it is. When I am standing on those street corners for
hours freezing I just think about all the miracles I have seen and a different
warmth comes in that keeps me standing on that street corner when it would be so
much easier to come inside and just rest. So yeah... it is cold and warm all at
once!

Can't really think of much "exciting" that has happened lately- everything is
different and new, but seems so normal to me. I have decided the life of a
missionary is normally unnormally normal! Or usually unusually usual. I hope
everyone is confused now... I am sure you are.

Sounds like everyone is having fun playing. So cute to see mom and little Amos
together. He is a cute baby and looked so fuzzy in his fleece outfit. Snuggle
with him for me.

My friend, Sam, that went on his mission about the same time as me wrote me
today. He went to Switzerland German speaking. His mission is so different than
mine. I didn't really realize how blessed I was... I decided I had to come to
Taiwan Taizhong because I am not strong enough for anywhere else. Sam's mission
is so hard and has missionaries go home on a regular basis. They haven't had any
progressing investigators the whole time he has been there. He is such an
amazing missionary though he says he hasn't given up and has decided to everyday
count his miracles and just like President Eyring said as he has been doing that
he has seen more and more. What an example he is to me. We need to stop and
count our blessings no matter how low we are or how unhappy we are. That is when
we need to the most... gratitude leads to happiness.

Well, I am doing good and am getting excited... I am not sure about what, but
just have a huge huge excitement stirring inside. I love you all and miss you. I
wish I could quick hug you all and then come right back to work. I really am
going to hug hug hug when I see you all again. I didn't realize how touchy of a
person I was before... and the Taiwanese people definitely aren't... so I am
missing that a little bit. I think I scare our investigators sometimes when I
hug them. But I am sure my family would never have thought, right?

I love you!

Sister Shaver


No comments: