Monday, February 18, 2008

February 17 Letter--I need double the prayers

First things first, mom, I am not hurt.

Hello everybody!

This last move-call was amazing. My companion and I were pretty sure we were
going to stay together because we had seen some good success and lots of
miracles. Well, Saturday night arrived and our zone leader was making a big deal
out of move call. We figured it was just because he knew it isn't as exciting if
you stay in the same area with the same companion. So we were being baoyuan de
ren (whiners) about it.

Finally, he was like I want to tell you on speakerphone to my companion. So she
put it on speaker. He told her she was having a short term missionary. A
Taiwanese companion who only serves six weeks. Wow! That is so cool for Sister
Browning. He then informed me I am not a little kid anymore! That I am a big
kid- aka senior companion- and I am moving to a new area!

So this is why I need prayers. I moved and went senior. That isn't quite the
easiest thing, because I know nothing about my new area. But I am so excited to
learn quick and get things moving forward fast! So now I have a little more
responsibility and a little more room to do things! I am excited and a little
nervous. I hope my Chinese is good enough. I know that Heavenly Father will see
my desire, diligence, and obedience and will help me! He'll be there on my right
and my left! D &C 84:85 and 88! So to Xinzhu! I am back up in the icy cold
North! BURR!

My new companion is cute. Her name is Whitney Cassens and she is from Arizona.
She is fun. She has one older brother (31 years old.) She is 21. She is still
in school- like me. She is at BYU. She seems to be really on top of things. I
like that. She wants to work hard, so that is so good. We should have a good
good move call.

Kate, this last Sunday, my companion and I wanted to celebrate our move call and
do something fun for dinner. We had the best Nachos ever! And it was all thanks
to your taco seasoning. I would have never thought to send a packet of taco
seasoning! You are so smart! But seriously, thank you! We took lots of pictures
and will send them to you. Sister Browning told me to definitely thank you for
her!

Steve, I have to make sure you are publicly thanked... I am pretty sure you know
what for, so I am not going to tell everyone else... They don't need to know,
right? I really did like the espm (every second a progressing missionary) and
the quote... It is our lives! And we know what we can take on with the Lord'sn
help... te hehe.... My companion thought it was pretty sweet.

Dad, thank you for the pictures... they don't hunt here in Taiwan and they
thought the picture of you hunting was pretty cool. My new member wants to come
hunt with you... he is a 14 year old boy and thinks it is like the most
unbelievably coolest thing he'd ever seen. And they like the one of the "real"
Christmas tree... they only have plastic ones here. It is funny the things they
notice in pictures that I never noticed. It is a different life.

Mom, thanks for the package! It was ver very yummy. And today I got the e-mail
about President Hinckley. Thank you for sending that to me. I appreciate being
updated. It is funny the things we don't hear on missions. I am probably going
to go home and know nothing... ai yo! P.S. you'll have to let me know if you get
a little package with something inside of it... and if you have a way to use
what is inside of it, ok? You don't have to do the whole thing at once. I think
it would take a little too long!

Liz! Thank you so much for the address labels. Every preparation day, I look at
them and am so thankful I don't have to handwrite my address. It is so much
easier. And how are the girls doing? I haven't heard much about them lately. Are
they getting big? Carrie is probably so big! And so different. And Morgan I
probably won't even recognize. p.s. what size scriptures do Ali and Carrie have?

Laura and Eric... everyone thinks Amos is so cute. They want to keep the
pictures of him. I cut him out and he is my scripture case now with all the
other family pictures and they always look at his the longest. And then one of
Liz because they don't believe it isn't me. They think we are twins... and don't
believe me when I say we aren't.

Meg, hey, how did your nanny experience go? Do you ever want to do it again or
did you get your fair share? Probably close, huh? Did you get my e-mail from
last week? Did you try it?

Well, I love you all. I hope to hear from you soon. I miss you all. Pray hard
and long for me!

To a new move-call! My sixth one on island... oh how fast they go. I feel like I
skipped my fifth. It is just gone! Gone gone gone! Come back... It'll probably
be tomorrow I am sitting here saying where did the sixth one go.

Wo ai nimen!

Be good. Pray! Read! And go to church!

Sister Shaver

No comments: