Wednesday, May 28, 2008

May 27 Letter--Hello.

Hello all!


This week has been good. The funeral went really well. It definitely wasn't me
talking. It was the Spirit. It was a neat experience.

Not much has been happening lately. The work is still going good. We have three
baptisms coming up so that is exciting. One is a mom and daughter. They are
really cute. And then the other is a girl who is about 24. Missionaries have
been meeting with her FOREVER (since her sister got baptized and her sister has
been home from her mission for more than two years... so it has been a while.)
so it is exciting to see her making the next step and accepting the invitation
to come unto Christ through the waters of baptism. She has a really strong
testimony.

We had Sister exchanges yesterday and it was a really good day. I went with a
Sister McKinley. She has lived ALL OVER THE WORLD! So it was fun to spend the
day with her and just get to know another sister. We had two really awesome
lessons too so that made it even better. Sister McKinley did instill in me a
desire to travel even more... that could be dangerous. He he. Mom, we are going
to Germany on August 11th, 2009, ok? So you better start picking back up German.
We have an investigator, from Germany, who has been going to church for years
and her mom just said she could get baptized on her 18th Birthday, so yep you
guessed in she turns 18 on August 11th, 2009. He he.

I am feeling everybody's prayers. I have felt a little tired this move-call and
need all the prayers I can get. They say that happens at about this point and
then it picks back up. So I am looking forward to the pick-up- the energy boost!
So keep praying. I think the weather starting to get hot is part of it. So I
think as soon as we adjust to the HEAT! it will be fine. I don't think I have
stopped sweating for the last week. Pretty gross... I usually adjust fast, so I
am going to give it a couple of days and then I will be back and SPRINTING FULL
SPEED AHEAD!


I know that this is the Lord's work. I am thankful for the small part I can play
in it. I pray that everyone will see the Lord's hand in their everyday lives. I
know He is there. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that He
lives and loves us!


I love you and miss you all!
Wo ai nimen he xiang nian nimen!

Sister Shaver

Dad had mentioned about language skills... and funny that he should mention that
because I feel like my skills have gotten a lot better lately. I am not sure if
it is because my companion doesn't understand anything and it is really on me
more so or why, but I feel blessed in that area right now. So I am thankful for
that!

No comments: