Tuesday, June 10, 2008

June 10 Letter--Hello Everybody.

Hello all!

Things have been good here in Taiwan. It has been so hot lately. Starting to be
like it was when I first got here. You are always just wet and dripping with
sweat and of course with amazing helmet hair. It is time to make sure we are
drinking enough water. We run every other morning and the route we run would
just happen to have a community pool at it, so that is always a bummer to look
at it... one day.

This move-call has been an interesting one. I never realized all the politics in
a mission. I thought in my mind we would find people, teach them, get them to
church, and then baptize them. I had no idea about all of the numbers and all of
the stress behind them. I am pretty sure before my mission I had never heard of
a district leader or a zone leader( I had at least heard of the assistants). And
I am positive I had no idea I would be calling them every night and reporting
all these numbers to them. It is good preparation and really holds us
accountable to what we do. And I have gotten good at taking scoldings now... he
he. One of our zone leaders had a goal to make every sister in his zone cry. Oh
he did it...

Mom and Dad, thank you so much for getting all that BYU Idaho stuff taken care
of. Declaring a major, you probably could pick just as good could. I guess I'll
say a pray and hopefully, the doors of revelation will be open. We will see.
President said I could have a little extra e-mail time... so hopefully, it comes
in my extra time. Ha.

Dad, thank you for the pictures of your camping trip. It looks fun fun. Sand
dunes are pretty fun... how far were those from our house? I didn't really know
there were sand dunes close.

Wow, Laura, I am so proud of you. Getting up and walking is not an easy feat and
especially while being pregnant and having a little baby. Baby #2 is not allowed
to come early, however. So just wanted to make sure you know.

I don't have much news lately. Things have been quiet. Oh to answer a question
of moms... Yes, we teach English class in every place we are. The Sisters have
to teach because we have to teach the children's class because they can't have
Elders do it. So yes, we teach the wild and crazy children. (P.S. I used the
Thundersticks to maintain some order the other day. The kids thought it was the
best thing ever. Never had seen them before.) I have been teaching the
children's class the last three move-calls all alone and am hoping next
move-call I get a companion who can teach. I never thought someone wouldn't be
able too... for some reason I thought it just came natural to everyone, but
nope, it doesn't. My companion broke down in tears in the middle of it the first
week and ran to the bathroom and hasn't come back into the classroom since. It's
ok with me, gives me a break from the tears.

Well, I have to get going! I love you all and miss you! Time is flying so
quickly... say some prayers so it slows down... ok!?!

Wo ai nimen, wo ye xiang nian nimen.

Sister Shaver

No comments: