Wednesday, August 13, 2008

August 12 Letter--Hello...

Hello family!



The week has gone by fast. Being in a new place and knowing nothing really makes
time fly by. I really can't believe how fast time is going,



I have been a little sick these last few days. They are not sure what I have. I
woke up one morning with an awful rash. And had it for a few days and then
finally went to the doctor. He gave me a steroid cream and said it should go
away in three months... haha. Dad, he said it was pitiarysis rosea or something
like that... any suggestions for getting rid of it? So I decided to prepare
myself for that and that I would just have this itchy rash for awhile. Well,
about three nights ago, I just started to pour sweat. I have never sweated that
much before... and we were inside our cold apartment. Well, it turns out that
that was the start of 102 fever that I have had for the last few days. We had
zone conference yesterday so after zone conference we went to the doctor and he
gave me some medicine and said the fever should break in a few days. So we will
see. Pray for me! Having a fever is not fun! It really affects your thinking! I
feel pretty dumb these last few days. Poor Sister Johnson. She has been good
through it all!


Zone conference was awesome. We focused on our purpose and goal setting. It
really motivated me. Made me realize I need to set some new goals for the rest
of my mission. I can hardly believe that I have one zone conference left and at
the next one I will be sharing my reflections. President Hoer has such amazing
stories that really just lift and inspire. He told us that his success in life
is from having a goal with a vision and a plan of action. Made me realize how
important it is to set goals so that we can measure of level of progression. I
have a lot of progressing left to do and I could see if I didn't set some
specific goals for this last little while how easy it would be for it to just
come and go and never grow or change. That is just scary to think about!


Sister Johnson and I have been blessed to find some really amazing people here
in Zhunan and I think we will be blessed to see some mighty miracles and change
of hearts! I think Heavenly Father knows how bad we want to help and sees how
hard we are trying so He is making up for our weaknesses. I feel pretty humbled
this move-call. I really went from Xinzhu where I knew all the members (loved
them and loved me) and knew everything about the city. To a place where I know
no one and know nothing. I know that I am supposed to be here in Zhunan for a
reason. I am excited to be able to keep learning and growing. Wouldn't trade it
for anything. It would have been easy to stay in Xinzhu, but I wouldn't have had
to grow as much! So it is better this way!


I want you to all know that I know that the church is true. I know that Jesus
Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that He is our friend and is there for
us whenever we need Him. No matter how small or insignificant it may seem. I
know that Heavenly Father loves us and hears our prayers!


Wo ai nimen!


Sister Shaver


Sister Smith is in Miaoli (next to Zhunan) these days so we are going to go play
together today! I am pretty excited. I love Sister Smith. She is the one that
went to BYU Idaho before her mission and is going to go there with me after. So
I have to get going!


I really love you all and miss you!


Keep working hard!


No comments: