Monday, August 4, 2008

August 3 Letter--Where to begin...

Hello Family and others!

Well, I have a strong testimony that Heavenly Father hears and answers our
prayers. This week has been full of prayers of pleading and of gratitude.

My time in Xinzhu is over. And it was hard. I cried all day at church yesterday
and even had members crying. It was like I was leaving home again. But there
was a tender mercy in it. I just moved to Zhunan- which is right next door. And
I am companions with Sister Johnson- the one from Naples. So that is really
nice. And really nice because if I don't move my last move-call then I will
still do my going home fireside in Xinzhu! So all of my friends can come! And
that would be just awesome. I have been praying to love Zhunan and think it will
come. It is not a city like Xinzhu. It is a lot of rice fields and bamboo. There
are only two wards we cover! So that will be a nice break! It should be a little
less challenging than Xinzhu which should be good for my falling apart body...
te he! So I should really be able to excel and really focus on building up the
wards and the ward relationships! So it should be great!

Heva Moises was baptized yesterday and it was beautiful. The most beautiful
baptism I have ever seen. The Spirit was pounding on my heart. I don't think
anyone in the room would have missed it! It was amazing. Her brother was able to
do the baptism and confirmation and it was a very personal spiritual experience
for them. President Moises, his wife, Sister McKinley and I sang "Amazing Grace"
and it was powerful. I am not sure if it is the Argentine culture or what but
they sang out their hearts and it was beautiful. I felt so humbled by them and
the power of their testimonies. I was thinking about back before my mission and
how weak my testimony was... it still is growing, but being at that baptism
yesterday lit a new fire in me and made me just want to be better! Eric, Heva
wants me to go through the temple with her in a year in Argentina. You'll have
to come with me and be my translator so she doesn't miss anything translating
for me. Are you game? Mom and Dad, she wants to meet you. She thinks you must be
pretty amazing. She says she can't imagine how good my parents would have to
be... I asked her if she meant because you had to put up with me... She is
AMAZING! Meg, she said she added me to facebook so make sure you accept her and
President Moises.

Sun Yu Ling was, also, baptized this weekend. Her baptism was nice. The ward was
so on top of things. They already had her home and visiting teachers assigned so
they spoke. It was like immediately she felt loved and welcomed in the ward.
That is so amazing. She will really stay active and if she doesn't it isn't
because of the ward. That is so nice because a lot of the time the wards kinda
drop the ball. I think it is because so often people are baptized in three weeks
and we as missionaries first dropped the ball on making sure they have friends.
So I was so excited to see the Xinzhu first ward step up and take it over! I got
to introduce her and how we met her. That was fun and a little embarassing. She
said it was because I was so annoying she kept meeting with us and was able to
accept the Gospel. The whole ward laughed and I turned bright red! I guess,
whatever gets her back to Heavenly Father's presence. Right?

I am a little hmmm feeling right now. I am now on my tenth move-call. I never
thought the double digit would hit and now here it is. I feel like the Lord
moved me to Zhunan so I wouldn't get complacent and would keep progressing and
going strong. So keep praying for me! I pray for you all and love you!

Wo ai nimen!

Sister Shaver

No comments: