Wednesday, August 27, 2008

August 26-The Learning Continues and the Lord Prepares Us

Hello family!


Wow! This move-call has taken an exciting and different route. I absolutely
loved Sister Johnson and we have been very blessed in the work. In the next two
weeks, we have seven baptisms. So we have really been excited and on fire. About
three nights ago, I was praying and felt like Heavenly Father was preparing me
for something. I just felt that I was receiving extra love, peace, and
confirmation of my testimony. I got done praying and looked at Sister Johnson.
She was looking at me kinda wide eyed. I said, "what's going to happen?" and she
just shook her head.


Well, we went through the next day and had a busy day visiting all of our
beautiful investigators that we have been given the amazing opportunity to
teach. Nothing "bad" or "unusual" happened. We went home planned for the next
day. I went to bed that night anxious and my heart full of prayers. The next
morning we woke up and started our day. We went running came home at breakfast.
I had an amazing personal study. ( Sidenote: I am learning so much! I love the
Book of Mormon! It is so amazing and has such simple overwhelming power. One of
investigators calls it the dictionary to life. She's getting baptized on
SUNDAY!)

So I was starting to feel like ok... Heavenly Father I am ready now. I am ready
for whatever Thou wilt have me do... the phone began ringing... the ring that no
one wants to hear... cuck koo cuck koo... It was President Hoer's ring! I
answered the phone with a shaky voice. He informed me that my companion was
going to be moving. And that I was needed to do a hard thing... shaking
voice.... "Ok, President." The whole time Sister Johnson is just staring at me
like what's going on. He told me that he knew that I was the Sister for the
job... sure I was thinking. He is just trying to make me feel better.

Well, it turns out there are three weeks left in the move-call and that I am
going to have four different short term missionaries for the rest of the
move-call. They are short a sister and they didn't know who else could do the
one man show and really did not want to have to close another sisters area. So
in other words the Lord is ready for me to rely on Him and he is going to make
me strong in my weaknesses, because I am feeling a little weak!

I really was not expecting this at all! It was a very sudden change. I have only
been in Zhunan for three weeks and am now expected to run the whole show and get
everything and more done. Pretty amazing that I know that I am entitled the
Lord's help and don't have to worry. The same scripture keeps coming into my
mind. Doctrine and Covenants 6:34-37. Fear not, little flock! I know that as I
remember the Savior and His Atoning sacrifice that I will be able to do it and
things will be just fine. As President Hinckley would say... Things will work
out. Or as President Monson would say... Be Strong, my young friends! So I am
excited and now this leaves me no time whatever to get distracted. I think the
Lord knew if I was doing things the easy way I would get distracted... so here
it goes!

So yesterday, I went down to the mission office to get my companion at 6:45 pm.
I was a little worried about how we would make it back home because we are about
a 2 hour train ride from the the mission home. And it was going to be a little
late for little missionaries to be out and on the streets. Well, we got to the
office and switched companions and President Hoer and Sister Hoer suggested that
they drive us home... I was thinking no way... a chance to be in the car an hour
with the Hoers! I am all for it. So my companion and I piled in the Hoer's car.
President Hoer was underneath the car tying her bike unto the car. It was really
interesting to see them as people doing everyday things. We get in the car and
just chatted the whole way. I find out all about Sister Hoer and how her family
calls her La La and what not. It was a neat experience. I am pretty thankful I
got to have that time with them. They are an amazing couple. And I know that
they are both so inspired of God. Even their small talk had a huge impact on me
and talked directly to what I needed to hear. So that was pretty exciting...

So now we are in Zhunan and I am getting Sister Huang all prepared for her five
days here as my companion. She seems excited. Her life before the mission was
all about missionaries. So now that she can have this opportunity it is pretty
cool. I am excited for her and excited she will get to participate in three
baptisms. What a blessing for her and a life changer. She is 30 years and just a
very pure soul. She wouldn't be able to do a full time mission or six week
mission for different reasons. So President Hoer really wanted to give her this
chance. So I am just along for the ride and trying to help her love missionary
work even more. So it should be good for both of us.

Warning though... my English is going to get very bad 24/7 Chinese doesn't help
English at all. So hope you can understand my e-mails.

Well, I am so glad to have gotten pictures from the Staycation and everything
else. It sounds like a good time. Hope everyone loved it. Kate, thank you for
the postcard! It is fun to think about you out in India. I am glad you are home
safe now. Liz, thank you for the picture of the girls back to school! They are
so cute. I am pretty sure they are huge now. Weird. Meg, hope going back to
school goes well. Study and play hard! I mean study hard and don't play at all!
Laura, are you alive?

Thank you for all your support... I need for awhile longer... so don't quit on
me... ha ha!

Remember the Lord is there and ready to help you. Moroni 7:33!

I am going to send this one and then try to send pictures on the next! I love
you all and miss you!



Sister Shaver

No comments: