Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October 7 Letter--Hello!

Hello family!


Things are really good. This last week was fun and so so tiring! The Lord is
not giving me a second to get complacent or distracted. Poor Sister Price...
last night we didn't even get dinner! We ended up eating sweet potatoes when we
got home at nine. But it is good, we are seeing lots of miracles and trials...
wouldn't want it any other way.

Sunday we had a baptism. It is the little sister of my new member. So that was
exciting to see the two of them. The older sister is struggling a little bit, so
we are praying for her. But her little sister is great! She adds a little spark
to the primary!

I have made it a goal to baptize every week of the move-call. And it is looking
like we will do it. We have the sweetest little mom and two kids for next week.
Her husband is a loser. He just drinks and lays on the couch all day. It has
kinda made her a homebody and a little depressed. We have been meeting with her
since I moved here and she is making huge progress. Last night, we went over
there with the Elders and she got a blessing of comfort for her baptism and also
about her husband. It was a neat experience. I love that family so much. The
little boy's teeth are really bad. So he drools because he really can't help it.
He loves to give me hugs and he only comes up to about my waist. So right at my
waist there is always a little drool mark from his hugs. At first, I thought it
was a little gross, but now I LOVE IT! He has taught me a lot about charity. He
gets picked on because of the drooling yet he is the sweetest happiest little
boy ever. I don't even know how to explain how sweet he is. So they are next
week and then the next week is a mom and her daughter. When her son who is 7
found out he couldn't get baptized her cried! So they are pretty awesome too.
Full of lots of energy and will help the church a lot! So we are keeping busy
making sure they are all doing what they are supposed! It is pretty fun!

We had combined district meeting this week. That is where our whole zone is
together and then after we have interviews with President. He told me that in
three weeks I am going to a far far away distant land. Wasn't quite what I was
expecting him to say. And then he just talked a lot about how he is proud of
Sister Price and I this move-call, but since she is probably going senior next
move-call that we need to make sure we set up the next move-call for her. So we
decided we do a power week my last week. I am not sure what the times will be
yet, but probably out the door at like 7:00 and home at 11:00... sure to run me
right down into the ground! And Sister Price! YEAH! We are excited.

So good to hear from everyone.

Kate, that is so exciting about the temple. I haven't gotten to watch conference
yet. But I am sure excited for you. That makes such a difference and that is
just so awesome! You're pictures look like fun... I was confused at why there
weren't seas of black hair behind you.

Liz, thanks for the diligence in teaching Morgan who I am. Even if she thinks I
am Ali that is ok as long as she doesn't scream and cry every time she sees me.
Oh her little cheerleading outfit. I am sure that is just too cute! She sounds a
little like Ali strutting her stuff... is she more like Ali or Carrie? And Oct
31st sounds like fun!

Carrie and Ali, glad to hear you don't miss Nachos! Wouldn't want you to miss
Nachos! And we are going to Taco Bell! So get ready!

Laura, mom told me about Amos and the recorder... that is funny. He sounds too
cute. Can't wait to squeeze him. And then to hold the new one!

Mom, you think riding in the typhoon is bad... just wait till I get home! Then
you'll understand why you only heard about the typhoon... he he. And don't worry

I am in good good hands. And I am a little more responsible these days. (A.K.A.
I am old and can't ride my bike as fast so by default I am more careful.)

Dad, sounds like your little car is coming good. I am excited to see the
progress when I get home. When is your hunting trip?

Meg, I hope you are feeling better. And that your test went well. Being sick is
miserable... I have a good sick story to tell you when I get home... it includes
seeing lights and falling off of my bike.

Well, everything is good here. We are going to go to the morning market today
and then we are going to have a picnic on the beach with Sister Smith and her
companion. We are pretty excited. Just nice relaxing fun. Trying to get as much
energy back as possible. He he!

So that is all of the news I have here! Things are going well. Time is flying
and we are doing good!

I love you all!

Sister Shaver


No comments: