Thursday, August 23, 2007

August 22 Letter

Hello family!

Well, I am home from the temple and it was so amazing. I can say it was probably
my best experience in the temple aside from my first trip there. There was just
really something special about going through the temple for a Chinese sister. I
had so many questions answered and could feel the Spirit so strong. It was truly
a house of refuge and a dwelling of peace. Go to the temple... even if you can't
or don't have time to go through the temple... go to the temple. Feel of the
Spirit on the temple grounds. Take the little girls there so they can see and
feel of the Lord's house.

I just want everyone to know Satan is real and don't leave room for him in your
life. Don't get even close to the line- it is not worth it. When I first got
here, my mission president asked me what would be the biggest thing to distract
me from my mission because Satan would make it flashing neon lights (that
happened today when I saw Elder Anderson at the temple. Don't worry, I AM STILL
A FOCUSED MISSIONARY- but only because of the miracle of the Atonement and the
ability we have to overcome our weaknesses because of Christ) I have felt this
so much as a missionary. I have seen it in the lives of my investigators. Satan
knows our weaknesses and that is why we have to come unto Christ so we can
recognize our weakness and overcome them. I love that part of Ether 12:27- I had
never noticed it before... but the wording of when we come unto him he will show
us our weaknesses. So in order to recognize our weaknesses we need to come unto
him. So my invitation to everyone is take five minutes and read Ether 12:27 and
apply that and recognize a weakness you need help with! And after you've done
that rely on him and then read Jacob 4:7 ba!

Well, I am sorry this is so short. Know I know...this is the Lord's work! I am
doing all I can to help others recognize and know Him! The church is true. The
Gospel is restored!

I love you all!

Sis Shaver

No comments: