Wednesday, August 8, 2007

August 8 Letter

Nimen hao! Zem ne yang?
Hello! How's it going?

Wow! I didn't know that President was sending you the video. That is pretty
awesome- you'll have to make sure to keep that so I can watch it when I get
home- the projector was broken when we watched it- so we didn't see the whole
thing. Glad to hear mom cried--- Sister Hoer told us that was our goal for our
mission to return home to our mothers and have them weep because they know we
gave our all to serve the Lord. So mom, prepare to cry! Wow, that was such an
awesome experience. The more I think about it the more I want to go back and do
it again. I want to get back up on that box and declare so much more- my
testimony (especially about the importance of this work) has grown so so much!
If you serve in that area, you get to do it once that move call. Pray that I get
to serve in that area!

Well, it seems like just yesterday I was sitting in this chair e-mailing home. I
hope the whole mission doesn't go this fast! I don't think I would like that
very much!

Wow, so zone conference was amazing! President and Sister Hoer are amazing and
the missionaries here are so so amazing! It is such a honor to be here on my
mission- I am glad this is the place for me. I strongly disagree with people
saying that people who go Chinese speaking just come home from their missions. I
don't think I will be the same person when I come home- I am not the same person
from my first day on island.

So finally a story that doesn't have to wait till I am home to tell--- just
kidding- kinda. Well, I broke my fourth watch. My companion and I were
contacting. I saw a lady on a scooter so I ran beside her and tried talking to
her. She seemed way interested so I was really focusing on making sure I go the
Chinese out. At about that time, I realized that a car had just run into me. I
didn't really feel it at all. And then I realized why I didn't feel it was
because all it had hit was my watch. So needless to say, my watch was shattered,
but I got a new investigator.

Well, I am going to try and attach some pictures to another e-mail. Don't want
to lose this one in the meantime... it is all a guessing game because all the
directions are in characters- so we'll see if it works.

Well, I LOVE YOU FAMILY! I know this is the true church! I know that Joseph is a
prophet of God. I know that through him Heavenly Father restored so many truths-
as the commercials say "Truth Restored."

Wo ai nimen!
Sister Shaver.

p.s. Our preparation day is on Wednesdays... so the e-mails will probably come
at about the time this one and last weeks came...

No comments: