Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July 2 Letter--Hello!

Hello family!

Wow! Things are good here in Taiwan right now... hot hot hot, but GOOD! Sister
McKinley have been working hard, but having fun. Adds a lot of fun to
everything... we have an investigator right now who is in dire need of
attention. She calls us about five times a day to tell me she doesn't want to be
baptized. I have started to laugh and say ok, we will see... well, today she
called and said the same thing, but by the end of our conversation she was
asking what kind of clothes she gets to wear when she is baptized... so in other
words she might be a little like me and just need attention. So we have been
praying hard for her and hope she realizes she doesn't need to tell me she
doesn't want to be baptized if she wants attention. I think I understand a
little bit how you all felt when I kept annoying you... he he!

Sister McKinley and I have zone conference tomorrow. I am excited. We have a
sister's meeting afterwards. Rumor has it is to tell us that we need to dress
nicer and be prettier. Our mission president's wife is pretty and wants us to be
prettier. She doesn't ride a bike around in the heat with a sweet helmet on her
head. So maybe we'll get smart cars... ha ha, I WISH! That would be amazing.

Speaking of bikes... mom and dad are so ready to bike with me when I get home. I
am so so excited. They went for a ten mile bike ride... how sweet is that? Just
make sure your seat and everything is high enough... don't want sore knees...
and the sore rear end goes away fast. You get used to it. We'll have to start
have mandatory family bike trips. Except I don't think I have a bike... and it
would be tempting to bring my bike home except... it got run over and the back
wheel bent so now the brake rubs everytime it turns and well, the sound of metal
scratching on metal isn't the best. Oh don't worry, I wasn't on it when it got
run over. I got off in time. But my shoe did get run over.

Morgan is adorable and so is Amos... that is the first picture I have seen of
Amos with teeth. How cute is he? He is getting pretty big... and Morgan doesn't
look like a baby anymore she is a little toddler now... missed all of her baby
stages... oh well, ting shuo I will have a new little baby to play with. When is
the new ones birthdate? After or before I get home? Morgan with the shredder...
too cute. Where are those pictures of Amos taken? Hiking? Moab? Arches?

Oh my exciting news! Laura and Eric I have an assignment for you! My new member
is going to the BYU English Language school! I am so excited she is going to be
in Utah. She goes there in the beginning of September. She is a little bit
nervous because her English is not very good and she knows no one. So if you all
are still there in September would it be ok if I gave her your information in
case she needs a friend. Maybe you could have her over for dinner or something.
She is really really cute! I absolutely love her! Wu Yi Ting... it is pronounced
like "Eating"... is 18 years old so she is pretty young and fun. Let me know if
that would be ok. I know you are busy so if not no worries. Thought it might
just be fun. If not, when I get home I'll just bring her over to your house
anyways... te he he.

Kate, we are having tacos for the fourth of July! I am so so excited... Our
little celebration for the fourth. Happy Birthday, Josh. So thank you again for
the taco seasoning. It should be yummy yummy!

Mom and Dad, thank you so much for the package. I loved it. It came right at the
end of move-call so it was like perfect timing because I didn't have to share
the chocolate chip cookies. How bad is that... I ate them all! EVERY SINGLE ONE!
And then ate the crumbs like cereal... I did share the candy. Keeps our
investigators kids quiet in church... and makes for some very entertaining faces
with the sour skittles. They think they are the weirdest things. So thank you so
much. It brightened up my day. I made a package to send home, but don't get to
excited... just know it is in the process... it should be nice and small, but
fun.

Well, things here are so good. I am glad to hear everyone is doing so well. And
getting in some summer playing. Swim extra for me =>!


I love you and know that the church is true... It is the Lord's work!


Sister Shaver



No comments: