Wednesday, September 24, 2008

September 24 Letter--Labor Day

Hello!

Wow! This week has been amazing! This is probably my best move-call yet. At the
beginning of the move-call, I told Sister Price (I love her!) that I wanted to
make this my best move-call yet and it has turned into that and it is only the
middle of week 2!

There is an investigator here named Amy. She is an amazing woman. She comes to
church every week and brings her son. But she was in a really bad relationship
and came out of the marriage hating men. She has been coming to church for about
6 months. We met with her this week and had her son bear testimony to her about
how much he needed this church. After his testimony we told her we would be
referring her son to the Elders so he could get baptized before her because
well, he needed to get baptized. She said no. She hates men and likes women. We
said yes or her option was to have an interview with President Liu and be
baptized with Vincent. She did the interview and committed to everything. She is
willing to change everything. But she would not commit to baptize. We went over
to her house on Monday night and hit her pretty strong with scriptures! And told
her would we call tomorrow to see what time was better 7 or 7:30 for her
baptism. Well, Tuesday comes and I call her and she says no I am not going to be
baptized on Saturday.And then she goes on to say when is the earliest you can do
it? Well, because we had the temple trip today and tomorrow is zone conference
she and her son will be baptized on Friday night. So it should be a good
weekend. Friday night baptize and Sunday after church another baptism! I am so
thankful.

I know that Heavenly Father is blessing me so much. My health hasn't been
better, my faith has been better, and I have never seen more miracles than this
move-call. Heavenly Father is really helping me achieve my goal of going out
running. Just wish I had a few more move-calls of this pace left! I'll just have
work really really hard! And not waste the blessings that Heavenly Father has in
store.

Mom, today was our temple trip and I think that would be so good of you to offer
babysitting. I will babysit when I get home for them, but it won't be for
awhile. The temple today was an amazing experience. It gave me so much peace and
comfort. I am not going to lie I am terrified of coming home and it just gave me
the peace of mind that I needed. Before the mission, any serious choice I was
faced with I pretty much said, oh that doesn't matter I am going on a mission.
Now I am going to go home and not be able to have that little scape route. I am
going to have to be serious. Ha ha! No more playing except every other day. Baby
steps, right?

Funny story: my companion just dyed my hair and we decided we would come e-mail
while we are waiting for the dye to do its job. So we came into the e-mail store
and a girl was helping us. She casually said oh you are dying her hair. And then
the teenage boy standing next to her BURST OUT INTO HYSTERICAL LAUGHTER! He
thought that it was the funniest thing ever. So now I am sitting here in the
little cap e-mailing you all. And they all think it is so entertaining. So I
guess I haven't changed much! Still giving everyone a good laugh!

Tomorrow is zone conference and I am doing my death talk. I am not excited.
Every missionary that goes home gets to share a five minute talk at zone
conference. I have no idea what I am going to say! That isn't my idea of fun. I
will probably just bear my testimony. And call that good. Don't know if my
testimony will last five minutes though... probably a little shorter. My goal is
not to get handed the time card. So I will just have to talk extra fast and pray
for the translators! Translating is so so hard!

Well, we had another typhoon this week. It wasn't too bad. But funny story...
Sister Price and I were attempting to ride our bikes. We were being blown off
and barely moving forward. A man on a scooter passed us and yelled "HELLL-YO" at
us which is normal so we didn't think much of it. We kept pedalling and were
slowly making progress. We made it about five more houses and the scooter man
was standing out in the road with juice boxes. One in each hand with his arms
out. So as we rode by he yelled keep going and handed off these juice boxes to
us. So we got these free juice boxes! It probably was pretty entertaining to
watch! This Chinese man standing in the road with both arms out and these two
white girls ride by and grab juice boxes out of his hands... haha. I love the
Taiwanese people!

So I hope everything is good in the States. Everything is good in Taiwan. I am
excited to be a missionary! YEP!

I love you all!
Miss you!

Sister Shaver

No comments: