Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September 30--Good, good good!

Hello family!


Wow! This last week has been good. I am not sure why we are being so blessed or
why I have been so lucky as to be so busy! It is making time go way too fast,
but it is, also, not giving me a chance to get distracted. So it is bitter sweet.

We had Zone conference last week. I did my death speech. It went ok. I made it
through without crying, but then bawled through the closing song. We sing Army
of Helaman every single time. And they have gotten permission to change a couple
of words so it focuses on TAIWAN and NOW! So that hit me pretty strong. Gave me
the last little push I needed. It is only going to be now for a little while longer.

Amy and her son got baptized! And it was a good baptism. The only problem was on
Sunday there was a typhoon so we did not have church. So they had no way of
getting confirmed. So my companion and I got to thinking and were determined to
find a way for her and her son to get confirmed because well, Satan is real and
we didn't want him to have a weeks worth of tempting time. The Branch president
drives a car so he said it would be no problem to drive him their himself. But
he said we as missionaries would have to ride our bikes because their was no
room in his car. So Sister Price and I hoped on our bikes and began our trek. It
usually takes us about 30 minutes to ride from Zhunan to Toufen, but we decided
to give ourselves an hour and used every second of it! It was intense. We were
pedalling as hard as we could and were not moving. My SHOE got blown off of my
foot and flew across the intersection. It was fun. Well, we got the confirmation
done and then decided to head out to the church and just make calls inside
because well it seemed dangerous. So off we headed to the church.

We made it right to the Elder's intersection when I looked across the street and
saw people literally being blown right off their scooters. I didn't take this
into consideration before but that intersection is right off of the ocean so the
wind was moving. My companion and I quickly were hit by the wind and bailed from
our bicycles. We ended up just throwing our bikes on a hill and tried helping a
few people get their scooters stable. I could barely stand up the wind was so
strong. We ended up getting to the other side of the road and tucked into a
little flod on one of the buildings and decided to just wait it out there. We
saw a bumper get ripped off of a car when it turned and caught the wind. Well,
little to our knowledge the Elders were still in their apartment. So when they
came outside they only saw our bikes thrown up on the hill with all of our stuff
in it. And they started to flip out. We heard them yelling. And as they walked
towards us we realized it was not safe at all. It might have been the fact that
our zone leader couldn't stop and slammed into a pole. Or the fact that you
could lean forward and not fall over because the wind was so strong. So needless
to say we got on the phone with President Hoer and he told us to ge thome as
soon as possible. So the Elders ended up walking us home so we didn't fly away.

So this was our second typhoon in the last couple weeks. And you will never ever
believe this they say there is another one on the way!

We are going to go play with one of my new members today. She wants to take us
hiking. So I am pretty excited! So I am going to send another e-mail with some
pictures. And then I will talk to you later!

I love you all! I miss you!

Sister Shaver


No comments: