Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Another Letter

Our mission was a lot of baptisms short of reaching the number of baptisms they
had last year. President Hoer told us to become "there is a way" missionaries
and to do all we could to baptize prepared souls in December. As a result of
this we baptized 1243 souls this last year beating out last years record. We set
a record for the most baptized in a move-call this December. President has asked
us to write down one story and e-mail it to him so we can have these experiences
recorded and remember them. This is the one I choose to write. He said to keep
it short.

Our December Baptism was a Baptism to remember... it all started with a "crazy"
lady running me off the road on her scooter. Once she had me cornered and I
couldn't go any farther she asked if she could met with us. I told her I had to
catch my companion. So off she zipped on her scooter yelling "Teacher, Teacher."
The lady was a previous investigator who had been dropped because she wasn't
sure about baptism and had never felt the missionaries love before. We were able
to met with her, teach her, and help her prepare for baptism. She said she knew
my companion and I loved her. She knew that Heavenly Father loved her because of
the showing of our love. She was baptized the last week in December.

I truly know that as we do all that we can that the Lord will lift us up. I had
been praying and doing all I could to find someone who could be added in and
baptized in December. I had done everything I could and knew how to. The Lord
saw that and reached me up by putting Cao Mei Hui in my path. By having her run
me off the road, she literally ran me into the ditch. The Lord sees our efforts
and desires of hearts and helps us hit our righteous goals! Set righteous goals
for whatever point in life you are. Set them high and jump! You'll be amazed how
high you can fly!

No comments: