Wednesday, January 16, 2008

January 15th Letter--Out of Taiwan and into Nantou

Hello everyone!

I am absolutely in love with my new companion and my new place! I am loving this
move-call and am so excited to see miracles. This is the first companionship
that I haven't had to push, but we've been able to work together! We have a
baptism this coming weekend. And really have been able to see the fruits of our
labors.

I made it a goal to add a baptismal goal everyday last week and through the help
of the Lord and the guidance of the Spirit I was able to do just that. I have
really tried to stop and listen to the Spirit more and just let it lead me.
Before I was pushing so hard and working so hard... I forgot to rely on the
Spirit. As I have put the will of the Lord first, I have become happier, more
able, and more effective. The Lord has been able to really use me... sad, it
took 6 months to figure out.

We got to go to the temple today. It was nice. We had a long long bus ride. I
got to take a nap and kinda just sit and relax so that was nice. Minus the
waking up 4:30am part. The temple is so beautiful. I really know it is the house
of the Lord and that no other place on Earth compares. We can receive answers to
our prayers and receive knowledge from on high. What better promises than that.

Sister Smith one of the sisters that was in the MTC with me was there. I love
being able to see her and talk to her. Because we are going through the same
things at the same time and really can strengthen each other. I remember when we
first got on island and neither of us could speak or understand and the first
time we saw each other was such a relief--- there might have been a few tears.
Today though was all laughs and excitement. Things are starting to click. I am
starting to feel like a more able missionary!

Well, time is short today. But I love you all and you mean the world to me. I
pray for you nightly. I miss you and love you!

Wo ai nimen!

Sister Shaver

1 comment:

Rodger said...

I was happy to read this letter, it sounds like things are going well. A new area and a new companion have brought a good outlook, Anna is growing a lot. Dad