Wednesday, March 12, 2008

March 12th Letter--Ai Yo!

Hello family!

This week has been a good week. We have the coolest investigator right now. Bai
Zi Wei is so amazing. She has come to church every week since we met her. And
came to the first potluck in Xinzhu on Saturday and then went to the baptism
afterwards. She is going to be baptized on Saturday. I am so excited! It is
crazy how much you love all of your investigators. I didn't think it was
possible to love so many people so much! It is very emotionally demanding and
sometimes draining, but more importantly so REWARDING! SO many highs and lows...
to the life of a missionary!

So I just read the blurb you wrote about me to the ward... wow, thank you so
much. (Somehow I missed that e-mail last week. Maybe it was because Heavenly
Father knew I would need it this week.) I think that was one of the nicest
things I have ever had said about me. I really appreciate it. I love that the
Turkey Trot made it into there... ha ha. It is weird to see my life written
down... qi qi guai guai! But thank you for taking the time to do that. I
appreciate it!

Well, this week has been good and kind of quiet. Not that any week is ever
quiet, but more so... We have a lot of really awesome investigators. We have
about 6 that have been to church more times than you can count on two hands that
are right on the edge. I am praying to know what to do and say so that we can
push them over the edge with the Spirit! So that they can see the blessings the
Gospel can bring into their lives.

Last night, we had a lesson with one of them. You could tell Heavenly Father had
His hand in it and had set it up. We watched Finding Faith in Christ with Huang
Xiao Jing. And she has been sick for about a month now. She's been to the doctor
and they can't figure it out- they told her to drink more water. Well, after the
DVD our peike asked her how she would feel about getting a blessing. Huang Xiao
Jing thought that that would be pretty awesome and said she had the faith. Well,
the Bishop came gave her a blessing and she is better. After we asked her about
baptism and she said she would pray... so we are praying for her. We really want
her whole family get to baptized with her. She has the cutest little girls. They
remind me of Ali and Carrie. It just was an amazing experience because you could
see how Heavenly Father was preparing her and how He was using us as His
children as the instruments in His hands. Especially the Bishop! Bishop Huang is
amazing!

So Taiwan is good and time is flying. This move call has been the fastest one
yet. We have combined district meeting and interviews tomorrow. I am excited for
that. I love being able to ask President Hoer anything I can... I always
struggle with finding just the right question, but somehow (the Spirit) I get
every answer to every question I have. It is something!

Well, I love that mom and Liz are having a Preach My Gospel class. You'll have
to tell me all about it and what you are learning. Who are the other people that
come? Old? Young? It seems like that would be so fun!

Glad to hear everyone is doing good! Thank you for writing and e-mailing to me!
I love you all and miss you so much! Keep going!

Wo ai nimen! Wo zhi dao zhege fuyin shi zhenshi de he zui hao de! Wo ye zhi dao
zhege fuyin hui zhufu women ranhou gei women ping an gen kuai le! wo zhi dao
yuese simi shi Shen de xianzhi. Ta zhende kan dao Shen gen YeSu JiDu. Mo men
jing shi zhenshi de- shi Shen de hua!

I love you! I know this Gospel is true and the best! I, also, know this Gospel
will bless us and give us peace and happiness. I know Joseph Smith is a prophet
of God. He Saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know the Book of Mormon is
true and the word of God!



Wo ai nimen! Bao zhong!

Sister Shaver

No comments: