Tuesday, March 4, 2008

March 4th Letter--15 Souls!

Hello family!

This last week was an amazing week. We baptized two of the cutest kids (15 and
12) in the world. Their grandma is a member, but their family is not. They'd
been meeting with us and coming to church, but hadn't built up the desire to be
baptized. The younger one had an amazing dream where she was told to "lai gensui
wo." Which is come follow me. In 2 Nephi 31:1-12, it talks to us about why Jesus
Christ was baptized and it says those exact words in it. We shared that
scripture with her and the next Saturday, they were baptized.

It is amazing to sit back and see the way the Lord works. I am so humbled to
think He is letting me see these miracles (we got 15 to church this week!) I am
pretty sure it is because He knows I wouldn't be able to keep pushing so hard if
I wasn't seeing the blessings. My faith probably isn't strong enough. Just like
we are taught we will never be tempted beyond that which we can handle.

P.S. this is a sidenote! I HAD COLDSTONE ICE CREAM! AND ALMOST DIED OF DELIGHT!
Oh food... oh yummy!

We had exchanges this last week. I really missed my companion. It was weird. I
kept looking at the one I was with and thinking where is Sister Cassens? So
needless to say, I am glad she is back. Sister Cassens just fills the spots
where I don't. I think she is the first companion that has really filled in and
we've really worked in unity. Sometimes I feel like we are having too much fun
to be missionaries! But I really have learned this move call that is the way it
is supposed to be. It is supposed to be fun! This is the message of GOOD NEWS!
OF HAPPINESS! So it is good.

Now on a different note... we had a very different zone conference this last
week. We watched the Worldwide Leadership training. And for all that saw it they
know it was all about marriage. It just was kind of different to be sitting
there with a bunch of Elders and Sisters and being taught all about marriage. It
just is so different than anything I've been thinking about lately, but it
helped me realize the things that I've been learning on my mission and how much
they really are going to help me. Weird... enough about that.

Well, I love you all and miss you so much! I pray for you daily! Keep being
good. I love to hear all about what you are doing and how things are going.
Thank you for the e-mails and the mail!

Wo ai nimen!

Sister Shaver

No comments: