Monday, October 15, 2007

October 15th Letter

Hello Family!

Wow! The pictures are so awesome. I love to see them... I love the one of Josh
and Morgan. Morgan is so cute. And as for Amos... he looks like a doll... Dad,
how is having your first grandson? Did you cry when you saw him?

Well, I am still in Zhubei. But I have an awesome new companion. She actually
trained when I came on island. I thought she was going to be my trainer so I was
a little disappointed when she wasn't. But it is ok because she is mine now! Her
name is Sis Flake. She was in my zone this last move call, so I got to know her
then. She is a hardworker and super obedient. We look forward to seeing so many
miracles this move call. I will be sure to let everyone know!

Well, this last move call was an amazing learning experience. Five of our
investigators got baptized... just think of that... five more souls now have the
chance to return and live with Heavenly Father! I learned a lot about the
Taiwanese culture. It is definitely a lot different than the American culture. I
am so thankful for all these experiences I am having and I know Heavenly Father
is preparing me for the rest of my life. I learned a lot about holding my peace.
I heard very wise counsel "if it is not breaking a commandment- suan le (forget
it.)" That really helped me improve my relationship with my companion. We were
very different people and at first the move call was hard because I let these
differences (Satan) in. I let things that in the Eternal perspective had no
meaning change me now. Change me into a person I didn't want to be. I am so
thankful for repentance and the gift of forgiveness (D&C64:10). I am very
grateful I could repent and grow so that I can be the person I want to be- so I
can be the most effective tool in the hands of the Lord. I am thankful
repentance is a gift I can have ever day (because I need it!)... just think of
that every single day we have the opportunity to accept one of the greatest
gifts of all- repentance!

So who did not just love conference? Who wishes they could talk with such
boldness, power, and love as E.Holland? Who wanted to just hug E. Wirthlin? Who
wanted to tell President Hinckley he could make it? Who wants to chant shower,
shower? Who wants to do good and become better? Who thinks that Endure to the
End is much more than a phrase now? I loved conference... All of my friends told
me that on my mission I would love conference. I kept telling them I already
did, but little did I know they were right. Conference got me so fired up and so
ready to go! I hope everyone watched it and I hope everyone will study the
Ensign when it comes.

Well, family, I seriously love you all so much and can hardly believe all the
blessings we have seen this last little while. It was awesome to see mom and
Kate together and Steve and Morgan and Ali and Carrie. I am so glad everyone is
all together and loving each other. I want you all to know that I love you all
to the moon and back a million times, but I really know that I am supposed to be
on a mission right now and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I think that the
biggest blessing and greatest gift I can give to you all is to be on a mission.
I hope that everyone will have a chance to stop and take President Eyring's
advice and write down ways they have seen the Lord's hand in their lives. I know
I can see it in your lives even being in Taiwan.

I love you as big as all outdoors! And more importantly Heavenly Father knows
and loves each of you.

Sis Shaver
!

No comments: