Tuesday, October 9, 2007

October 9th Letter

Congratulations, Laura and Eric. He looks good- my native companion thinks he

looks "different." She didn't know that American babies don't really have hair

or anything. I thought that was interesting. I never thought of that. I'm

excited to meet him one day... keep sending pictures. They are fun to look at.



We had a baptism on Sunday. Chiu Xin Yi the lady who is Grandma Margaret got

baptized. She was supposed to on Saturday night, but we had a real typhoon and

everyone had to go home. It was weird to be in our apartment for so long (two

extra hours.) I didn't really like it. We used the phones for the two hours and

added five new investigators- so that wasn't bad. It is seriously such a

blessing to have cellphones! And to think I used to hate them.



Today we are going to a theme park. It should be fun. It is raining a little bit

so that should add to the excitement. It is about an hour bus ride away--- I

have the hard choice of writing letters or taking a nap.



I really miss naps. I think my body is starting to adjust to the schedule. There

have been times where I really don't know if I am going to be able to make it

until 10:30 and then allof the sudden it is 10:30. My companion said that last

night we got a phone call at 10:33 (three minutes after we went to bed.) She

said by the time the phone call came I was asleep and she tried to wake me up,

but there was no budging. Sometimes I don't even remember my head hitting the

pillow!



I am excited because yesterday I did my final pass off and now get to go onto

Phase Two! Learning characters--- Heavenly Father has really blessed me with

the gift of tongues. My Chinese is in no way good, but it is coming and I really

am excited to learn characters because I think that will be more my learning

style. It is a weird thing to everyday communicate with people in a language

that isn't mine. Sometimes when I am talking I am thinking "Wow, I have no idea

what I am saying, but the investigator is smiling and S Kang is nodding her head

in agreement. So it must be Chinese."



Well, the Elders are here so it is time for us to head off... I love everyone

and there are times where the thought comes to my mind someone in my family must

be praying for me right now! I really aprreciate and can feel your prayers. I

hope everyone can feel mine. I love you all!



Be good! Pray Often!



Sis Shaver

No comments: