Wednesday, October 24, 2007

October 23rd Letter

Hello family!

I am glad that Amos got the lamb and others got their pictures. I was a little
worried they weren't going to make it. It was fun to see little Amos with the
lamb. It helped me see a size perspective too- that lambed seemed so little to
me.

This week has been amazing week. On Sunday, we had stake conference. We got to
the church and they told us all the missionaries would be listening to it in
English. I was a little excited about that because I really do miss Sacrament in
English. Well, it ended up being a broadcast with Elder Quinten L Cook, Elder
Perkins of the 70, Sister Mary N Cook, and President Monson. It was so good.
Their talks were so good and uplifting. Elder Perkins actually speaks Chinese
and did his own translation back to English, so it was a neat experience to be
on the other end of that. They taught a lot of really specific to Taiwan and
China doctrine. So it was pretty cool to be here to hear that. President Monson
said that President Hinckley said specifically to send his love to Taiwan and to
make sure that the people of Taiwan are ready and worthy for tomorrow. I
immediately got chills and realized how blessed the people of Taiwan are and
what power they are going to have in moving the church forward... wow! I get to
be a part of that... I am seeing miracles! Meg and anyone else who has contact
with the Young Women of the church prepare them to serve missions. Our mission
has a shortage of Sisters right now... These last three movecalls we've had 14
sisters go home and one come on. It is hard because it means a lot of closing
areas and opening areas--- so teach the young women of the church a mission is
not for the stereotype of sisters they hear about- it is for the strong ones
(not that I am) and the ones who love the Lord and the Lord leads them to a path
of a mission- I know a mission is not for every sister, but teach them it is a
worhty desire and a righteous option.

Yesterday, we had zone conference and it was amazing. Elder Perkins of the 70
came and spoke to us. He said that when he walked in he felt the Spirit stronger
than any other mission he had been too. He said he immediately knew he had to
teach a different lesson. When he was done teaching my head felt like it was
going to explode because it was stuffed full! At the end, we had a sisters
meeting with his wife. She told us that he taught us the doctrine of five zone
conferences in one. It did go from 9:00 am until 6:00pm- but it was amazing. I
never felt hungry once and glanced at my clock once. He focused a lot on the
doctrine of the Light of Christ, the Power of the Holy Ghost, and the Gift of
the Holy Ghost- it was very doctrinally deep. He drew quite a few pictures for
us and said now don't go and try to draw these for your investigators. It was
pretty neat to just sit and feast upon the words of Christ!

Well, I tried to send pictures, but for some reason I can't view them, so I
don't know which ones they are--- hopefully they are ok ones. Next time maybe I
will have to resend them

Well, my e-mail time is wrapping up... I love you and miss you a lot. I am
loving my mission and can hardly believe how fast time is going- I had a little
bit of a breakdown at zone conference when I was informed I was a third of the
way done. I cried and didn't like that thought. The way the move call falls, I
will be home before next Halloween which is cutting off about a month of the 18
months! It is really a very short time and that is what keeps one foot
sprinting in front of the other!

Wo ai nimen!

Shao Jiemei!

No comments: