Tuesday, October 30, 2007

October 30th Letter--Happy Halloween

Hello family!

This e-mail might start off sad, but it's not... so just read through.

So yesterday all the Sister's in the mission went on exchanges. They are going
to have the sisters go once a move call from now on. I had to go to a different
area with another sister. I didn't realized how attached I had become to Zhubei
and the invesitgators here. I guess that's what happens when you stay in the
same area. (Sidenote: did you know that Pres Hinckley was in the same area with
the same companion for 14 months. That is insane!) So the whole day I was
worried about my investigators in Zhubei and I'm sad to say I didn't get much
work done in Zhunan... that could be because we went to the church and found it
flooded so spent all day mopping and cleaning it. It is the 8th floor of a
building so it was rather intense. But when I got back things were fine, our
investigators still are getting baptized this coming weekend and S Flake and S
McKee did just fine- in fact, better than I could... It really made me realize
it is not me or my work.

The mission I am on right now is not Sister Shaver's. I already knew that, but
didn't really have such a firm testimony of that. I love the quote where it says
the Lord knows who he wants in the church and there isn't much we can do to ruin
that. It is so true--- we can only aid him. I love President Hoer. He is so full
of wisdom. He has given us three goals in life that will make all the difference
in the world. The first is 1. be worthy, 2. be diligent, and 3. be obedient.
Yesterday made me realize that as long as we are the three will we be entitled
to the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost and will not what to do, say and
be! Wow, what a promised blessing!

Today is Halloween and the holidays are a little hard- a little lonely. But
President Hoer realized that and realized it might be good for us to have just a
little fun. So the six sisters in our zone are going to go the amusement park (I
went to last move call) and playing. I am a little excited. There is supposed to
be a Halloween parade so that should be good! It should be fun the sisters are
way fun.

Well, I need to go catch the bus! But I love you all and miss you! I love this
work and am so thankful I am a part of it. I look forward every morning to
putting on my nametag and getting out that door by ten. I know this is the true
church! Share the gospel--- I know it is the fastest way to find joy.

Wo ai nimen!

Sister Shaver.

No comments: