Thursday, October 4, 2007

October 3rd Letter--Three New Members

THERE ARE THREE NEW MEMBERS IN TAIWAN ZHUBEI! (and one on the way!) We had a
baptismal service on Saturday. It was so awesome. We baptized a brother and
sister and then a mom. It was such an amazing feeling. You could see the change
in their faces. I wish I could send the pictures on the computer, but there is
no way from this computer. I will print out hardcopies and send them home. Dad
is pretty good at pictures so I bet he can get them onto myfamily for me. The
boy we baptized asked us yesterday when we visited how much money he needed to
save for his mission! That was so awesome... He is only 15 and is preparing.

We have a baptismal service on Saturday for an Ammah (grandma.) When we were
teaching here, I had a very weird impression come into my head and come out
while I was teaching. My companion has really been stressing to me saying our
investigators name when we teach them so they know we are teaching them
personally. So I was teaching and called her grandma Margaret in the middle of
my teaching. As soon as the words came out of my mouth, I had a very peaceful
feeling come over me. I just wanted to share this experience and that it
strengthened my testimony- that I know the gospel is true. I know that Heavenly
Father loves us. I know that He loves each one of his children. I know this
because He provides a way for each of His children to hear the Gospel- even if
they have past away without have the chance. This is such an amazing thing to me
and beyond my comprehension.

Well, it sounds like mom and dad moved into a good ward- besides the fact that
they think I am an Elder. I will work on sending a picture. As for scripture
there are seriously so so so so so so so so so many... I will think a little bit
and send it with my pictures when we go home.

Today we had a zone activity. We went to a zoo. It was fun. There was a crazy
monkey... Our Elders told us the Sisters had to go first through one room
because we couldn't go through together because it was too small and bu xing
(innappropriate.) Well, when we went into the room, we thought it was a little
strange because it was no different then any of the other exhibits except a
little bit darker. Right about that time, we turned and a huge oragantang
starting banging on the window and growling and showing it's teeth--- it
seriously was scaring. All the Elders got a good chuckle out of hearing us
scream. The Elders have been to the zoo for over a year now and they said that
every time I person walks through the monkey does the same thing... Tries to
fight its way out. A little bit sad, but if I was a kid I think it would've been
pretty awesome. The zoo was good--- all the normal animals, but we got to see
tigers swimming. I don't think I've ever seen one swim. That was pretty cool.
Next week we have a district activity and we are going to a themepark. I didn't
really realize how much missionaries could do on preparation days... I really
wish I could swim though. It is so hot and that would be so nice... I never
realized how much I love SWIMMING AND BOATING.

Well, it is time for us to get going. We are teaching English tonight. I have
kind of liked this last few weeks without teaching... oh well! Service and it
does bring blessings and investigators.

I love you all! And miss you all a lot--- and the mission is going to fast! Is
time flying for everyone else? I know mom can't get out of bed because she
misses me so much.... ha ha. Good luck with the little girls Halloween costumes.
I think it is so awesome you are so close to them and close to Laura and Meg.
Laura is going to need a little help pretty soon... how exciting!

Just wanted to let everyone know... Kate is pretty much the best. I can't got to
Chinatown with her and Steve... I'll show them how we barter in Chinese.

Sis Shaver

No comments: